If the option is available you can use “Buy Out” to purchase the item immediately without having to place a bid. Some sellers offer such an option which can be used at any time until a bid has been placed over any applicable reserve price.
To create your account choose the “Register” link on the header navigational bar or use any of the links available on the home page.
When registering you will be asked to complete a short form which includes standard information such as your contact details, preferred login credentials etc.
Mandatory fields include:-
· Zip/Post Code
· Phone Number
· Username & Password
· E-Mail address
· Confirmation of terms an conditions acceptance
Once registered you will receive E-Mail confirmation.
Should you encounter any registration difficulties please contact us.
BIDDING, PROXY BIDDING & OVERTIME BIDDING
Tizm's Recommendations For Placing The Most Effective Bids:
1. Register or Login on www.Tizm.com.
2. Click on the Auctions & Raffles or Featured Items tabs on the homepage.
3. Click on your desired auction item's title or the BID NOW button.
4. Place your bid without a $ in the Brown Box & click BID NOW.
5. Review your bid & the shipping details.
6. Submit your bid by clicking the big blue PLACE BID button.
7. A confirmation message will appear if your bid is leading.
8. Insufficient bids are due to a reserve or a proxy bid (see next section).
9. Insufficient bidders are invited to place a higher bid.
10. Place your highest proxy bid 8-15 minutes before the auction closes (details below).
THE BENEFITS OF PROXY BIDDING
A proxy bid is an auction bid at least two increments higher than the reserve bid / leading bid.
Just like on eBay and other online auction websites, you can also place a proxy bid on www.Tizm.com by entering the maximum amount you are willling to bid on that item; however your proxy bid will not place a bid any higher than is necessary for you to be the leading bidder on that item, including in overtime bidding (see overtime bidding details in next section).
For example, if someone else has the high bid on an auction item at $500, you can place a proxy bid of $1,000 and you will be the high bidder at $525, the next highest bid increment. If no one bids against your bid, you will win the item.
If only three regular bids are placed against you, your $1,000 proxy bid will become a leading bid of $575, $625, and $675 -- and you will win with a bid of $675. If another bidder tops your $1,000 proxy bid, you will be notified by email or text -- and you will be given a chance to top them.
You can change your notification setting in the Mail Preferences section of the Members Area.
LAST MINUTE & OVERTIME BIDDING
Tizm currently uses a five (5) minute overtime sniping bidding system. This means that if anyone places a higher bid with less than 5 minutes before an auction ends, a five minute overtime bidding period is created. If you are not leading, you will be notified by e-mail or text that you need to place a higher bid within the next 5 minutes.
If you or another bidder places the highest bid in the overtime, it will immediately start another 5 minute overtime. The overtime period will keep repeating itself as long as a higher bid is placed by anyone in the overtime period. The new auction ending time is updated on the auction item page where you place your bid.
To avoid triggering overtime periods and getting in a back and forth bidding war, we highly recommend you place your highest possible proxy bid at least 8-15 minutes before that auction closes.
Why Early Bidding Is The Best Strategy:
1. Your own online service may be interrupted or slowed down.
2. Bidders get distracted at home / office and forget to bid in time.
3. Higher early bids scare off some bidders who drive up the bidding.
4. A higher proxy bid may not allow you to place a leading bid in time.
5. Be smart and safe: place your highest proxy bid 8-15 minutes early.
Unlike eBay and other online auction services, Tizm's bidding system does not reward last second bids. It rewards the highest bidder at the end of the final bidding time. Many times in the past the highest proxy bidder with 8-15 minutes to go has been a happy winning bidder because he/she did not trigger an overtime bidding war by placing a bid in the last five minutes.
For more info on bidding, click on "Current Bids" in the Members Area.